Bridal Shows are one of the best ways to find everything you need for your wedding. You can find your hall, photographer, DJ and everything else from the vows to great honeymoon deals. In your fast paced world, attending a bridal show really is a great way to get a lot done in a short amount of time. The challenge is to get the most from a day at the bridal show.
Bridal shows are made up of wedding professionals who really want your business. This gives you an opportunity to see first hand and get an idea of what they are like before a trip to their office. The best vendors will want to talk and answer your questions rather than just hand you stuff. Slow down and take time with vendors you are interested in. Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions.
Here is a list of things you can do to make sure you get the most out of your bridal show experience.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You may not have to many places to sit and will be on your feet for quite a while. Uncomfortable shoes will tire you out too quickly. Treat is like a day of shopping. You don’t want to cut it short because of fatigue or rush through and miss getting great information.
- Before the Show; prepare mailing labels with your name, address, email address, phone number and wedding date printed on them. These will make is quick and easy to sign up for free offers and giveaways. You can find them at most office supply stores and print them on your home computer. You could also save a lot of money if you are the big winner! Good Luck!
- Don’t forget food and drink. Most bridal show venues will have a concession stand or restaurant on site. This is handy but often expensive. Bring bottled water and some snacks to get you through. Warning: There will be cake samples! Mmmmmmm Amazing….
- When filling out forms make sure to print VERY clearly. You’d hate to miss out on a door prize or lose track of someone you like because they couldn’t read your handwriting!
- Put the bridal party to work. Delegate. Your Mom, Bridesmaids and yes, your fiance too. You’re going to need some help in carrying literature around and it will be nice to get others opinions when you are making decisions. Make sure they bring cell phones with them in case you get split up (and don’t forget to swap numbers too).
- Take Notes!!! Before you dump literature into your bag, make a note on the vendors you like. Make a star in the corner or create a code of your own. What did they say that made you want to call later. The day after when you pour a huge pile of information onto your kitchen table, you will be grateful you did it.
- Two Bags. One way to separate the good vendors from the not so interesting ones is to have 2 bags. Put the information you are excited about in a special bag so it’s easy to find later. Don’t be afraid to take everything. Sometimes plans change and you will wish you had the info you turned down.
- Bring your date book with you so you can schedule your appointments for follow up. One way you won’t forget who you talked to is to ask the vendor to call you. Or better yet, just make an appointment. It’s like delegating the follow up. A bridal show cannot match the quality of a one-on-one consultation.
- Skip the fashion show and visit vendor’s booths during that time. Since most everybody will be watching the fashion show, you will get more attention from the vendors. They can slow down and talk with you openly and you will gain more knowledge from it. Take advantage of this time.
- Finally; HAVE FUN!!! Planning is a state of mind. Enjoy the learning process. Ask lots of questions and remember, we are here to help. Jim and the Romantic Entertainment team have performed hundreds of weddings. If it is not DJ related and we don’t have the answers, we have industry contacts we can call who will. You are not alone.
Enjoy the process!!!
Written by: Jim Aldridge
Jim is the Owner of RomanticEntertainment.com. Unique, Personalized Weddings Since 1992, Serving Connecticut and Western Mass. 860.966.5620
Bridal Show video provided by Jenks Productions, provider of the largest and most popular bridal shows in the Northeast. Each event, a total bridal extravaganza, features the most prominent wedding professionals in the business showcasing a complete selection of products and services to compliment all tastes and budgets. Future brides and their family and friends enjoy the convenience of having all their wedding needs, expert advice, fashion shows, and seminars available to them in one facility. Learn more at JenksProductions.com